Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hello Out There!


Okay, I have to admit that I've been inspired by the Lambing family blogs...Carrie, Shane and Kristi, and Marie and Fred. So...I'm throwing my hat in the blogging ring, but making no promises as to content or consistency. I realize that I'm joining the blogging world during the "post-a-blog-every-day" month, but I will not be intimidated!

Some of you may be wondering why I titled my blog 'So-Dak Girl.' For those of us who lived before the days of two-letter state abbreviations, SoDak was our state address abbreviation. And no matter how many places I've lived, South Dakota still has my heart. Since leaving home after high school I've lived in Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, Kansas, and Texas, with a few college years back in SoDak thrown in there. Home will always be on the ranch: wide-open prairie with the occasional butte, draw, and group of trees. I've lived in cities most of the last 23 years--not because that's my first choice--but I love my husband and will go where his jobs take us. (I do threaten occasionally that our next house will at least be on the outskirts of town where we can have a few acres and some critters.)

So, from the heart of a SoDak prairie girl who's living on a cul-de-sac, welcome to my blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Nice to read your good words.
Love,
Your Alaska Sis

SKKD Lambing said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It's nice to see that you've thrown your hat out there.

Anonymous said...

Sis,

You fit well in the "blog world". Love your first entry!

Your AZ sis.

Willo said...

Welcome to the blogisphere, Laila.

I had no idea there were so many bloggers in your extended family.

We need URLs.

From a SoDak person, who tried and tried, but never could get the high plains prairies out of my system.